Louisville Slugger is a name that is associated with quality and excellence in the world of baseball bats. The new Louisville Slugger Fastpitch LXT is the company's new fastpitch bat which keeps in tradition with its strong reputation. The Fastpitch LXT boasts some of Louisville Slugger's most advanced and revolutionary bat technology and performs like a dream at the plate. The bat has some ingenious physics behind its design which maximizes its performances for an unmatched hitting experience. Players can now hit shots as clean as a whistle and plenty of pop, all from the very first contact.
The Louisville Slugger LXT is a fastpitch bat for softball. It is approved for play in the USSSA, NSA, ASA, ISA and ISF leagues.
The Louisville Slugger Fastpitch LXT is a 100% full composite bat made from the company's new Performance Plus composite material. This gives the bat great strength and durability. Balls are cannoned off of the Performance Plus and fly for miles. The barrel is also pure 360° composite which gives uniform strength all over and an enlarged sweet spot.
The Louisville Slugger LXT has the revolutionary TRU3 technology. The bat has a 3-piece structure, and the TRU3 features a dynamic connection between the bat's barrel and handle. This dynamic connection involving a socket joint allows for minute movements between barrel and handle for increased accuracy. It also reduces impact vibrations eliminating stings from off-center hits.
The Louisville Slugger LXT comes with another ingenious technology in its design - the S1iD barrel technology. The S1iD technology inputs a small disc inside the bat's barrel to provide enhanced control. With this disc, the bat requires absolutely zero break in. The disc transfers the energy of the swing straight to the sweet spot. This concentrates the power at the sweet spot comprising for the slow swing speed.
Another design innovation in the Louisville Slugger Fastpitch LXT is the zero-friction double wall design of the bat. This gives the bat maximum flex without compromising longevity. The bat creates elastic recoil on the ball at impact which multiplies forward momentum and any hit ricochets off the barrel directly to the stands. This design also gives increased durability and ensures top, consistent performances from swing one.
The Louisville Slugger LXT has a standard 7/8" handle with a synthetic tacky grip. This gives players a hold of supreme ease and comfort at the plate. The grip is ergonomically catered to the player's hold, so players feel a surge of confidence when they step up to bat. The weight distribution of the bat is balanced for accurate swings. The Easton FP15MK10 CXN MAKO ZERO is another fastpitch with a similar full composite build and 2 1/4” barrel diameter.
Feature Benefits of Louisville Slugger Fastpitch LXT
- 100% Performance Plus composite makes bat strong and durable with enlarged sweet spot
- TRU3 technology improves both accuracy and efficiency while nullifying impact shocks
- S1iD barrel technology removes need for break in and concentrates power at the sweet spot
- Zero-friction double wall design maximizes flex and momentum ensuring excellence from the very first swing
- Ergonomic synthetic grip gives comfortable grip and balanced swing weight
Pros & Cons
- Fantastic design with state of the art technology
- Bat is very powerful with uniform strength throughout and an accentuated sweet spot
- Great flex and can generate immense forward momentum
- Swings are balanced and can be fine-tuned for perfect accuracy
- Impact vibrations are comprehensively eliminated, and bat is easy to hold
- Durability of the bat is well above average compared to other composites
- Bat needs to breaking in and guarantees peak performance from the first hit
- Low contact area and poor plate coverage
- Grip wears off too quickly
- TRU3 connection may cause undue movements creating inaccuracy during fast swings
The grip on the Louisville Slugger LXT sadly wears off too fast. To preserve the grip's integrity, use the bat with a bat sleeve or use an external grip on the bat. Avoid fast swings as the TRU3 can move unexpectedly.
1. Does the bat come with a warranty?
A. Yes. The bat comes with a one-year warranty
2. Is the bat composite or alloy?
A. The bat is a full composite bat made of Performance Plus composite
3. Is the bat one-piece or two-piece?
A. The bat is a unique three-piece bat thanks to the TRU3 technology
4. Does the bat need to be broken in?
A. No. The bat needs no breaking in
The Louisville Slugger Fastpitch LXT is one of the most technologically advanced bats in the game. Its boasts features that make other bats go green with jealousy and has been precision engineered by Louisville Slugger's best. The bat gives all the power and control into the player's hands and is very durable. The bat needs to breaking in and performs to its lofty peaks from the very first swing.