The new Louisville Slugger 2016 Prime 916 is one of the company’s latest releases of the year, for their Prime series. Louisville Slugger has always been at the pinnacle of baseball bat manufacturing, and its Prime series is one that you can’t help but adore. It boasts of many of the top bats out there, and Louisville Slugger has gone the extra mile to make sure that the series has some of the most innovative and high-tech bats there are. Beyond that, the Prime series, and the Prime 916 guarantees performance. This makes the Louisville Slugger Prime 916 one to consider seriously when choosing to buy a baseball bat.
The Louisville Slugger Prime 916 is BBCOR certified. It is approved for play in high school and collegiate level. The bat also has 1.15 BPF certification.
The Louisville Slugger 2016 Prime 916 is a full composite bat, made of Fused Carbon Structure (FCS) Composite. The state of the art FCS composite maximizes bat strength on impact, and also increases momentum through the hitting zone. The company is still waiting to patent the FCS technology, but those with a Prime916 in their hands do not need to wait for a patent to know it’s the real deal.
The Prime 916 is again extraordinary in that it is a three-piece bat. The composite is designed in 3 pieces; a barrel, a handle and a connecting shaft which eliminates all negative vibrations. The 3-piece composite makes the bat very strong and rigid but does affect the bat’s durability. It may make the bat weak along the seams. Counteracting this very disadvantage is the Combat MAXSL112 bat, which features a seamless construction on a one-piece composite bat, possessing a huge sweet spot.
The Louisville Slugger 2016 Prime 916 has the latest TRU3 Explosive Power technology. This new toy obliterates all vibrations from the bat and channels it into the barrel, to maximize swing energy. Batters can now hit balls out of the park, and feel no sting off the bat. The TRU3 also creates a trampoline effect on the barrel, propelling the ball with enormous momentum, from even a mishit.
The Prime 916 also comes with an innovative flex band. This Flex Band Technology focuses the bat’s energy straight into the barrel towards the sweet spot. This allows players to hit balls for miles and then some. The added strength and elasticity will give players the mental boost over their opponents. The bat will naturally allow players who haven’t played at all, to get a few hits and will be a plunderer of home-runs in the hands of pros.
The Prime 916 comes with the Lizard Skin grip. While this may not be the latest, the Lizard Skin grip does give added comfort to the player when gripping the handle. The grip gives maximum ease for long periods with the bat in hand. Its tacky texture sends confidence coursing through your veins when you step up to the plate.
Feature Benefits of Louisville Slugger 2016 Prime 916
- Fused Carbon Structure Composite maximized bat momentum and is mighty strong
- Innovative 3-piece composite design makes bat rigid
- TRU3 Explosive Power technology removes vibrations by redirecting it into the barrel
- Flex Band Technology focuses energy into the sweet spot for perfect hits
- Lizard Skin grip adds comfort when holding the handle
Pros & Cons
- Lots of forward momentum can be generated
- Bat is incredibly strong and ideal for power hitters
- High energy efficiency and force of swing concentrated at sweet spot
- Negative vibrations eliminated
- Bat is elastic and easy to hold and swing
- Bat does not have USSSA certification
- Three-piece structure reduces lifespan and makes bat vulnerable to breaking
- Vibrations necessary for feedback adjustments sometimes blocked out
- Difficult to get precision swings
- Large barrel size gives bat head whip, and fast swings may become unstable
To improve the durability and longevity of the Prime 916, it is best to use the bat with a protective bat glove, worn over all three of the bat pieces. Also, avoid using harsh chemicals on the composite structure and use only soap and water for maintenance.
1. Does the bat come with a warranty?
A. Yes. The bat comes with a one-year warranty
2. What is the barrel size of the bat?
A. The bat has a barrel diameter of 2 ¼”
3. Is the bat a composite or alloy?
A. The bat is a 100% composite bat made of 3 pieces
4. In which leagues can I use the bat?
A. The bat is BBCOR certified and can be used at high school and collegiate level
The Louisville Slugger 2016 Prime 916 is an amazing youth bat, with plenty of promise. It has some exceptional features and comes with a few state of the art technologies, including the all new Fused Carbon Structure Composite. Barring some balance and accuracy issues, the bat is a great option for all players and can certainly hit a ball out of the park.