Golf being an elegant game may seem that it does not require much physical activity, but those who play are well aware of the reality and you, the beginners are always looking for tips on how to improve your golf swing. Well, to speak the truth, nothing beats the primary basics of the game and here I am to provide you with some amazing basic tips that will not just enable you to play like a pro, but will surely correct the flaws (if any) and help you to make your swing perfect. Make sure that you follow the rules carefully but at the same time do not become too position conscious as that can lead to hesitations. I have related the posture related matters to other sports so that you can understand the things better and in an enjoyable way.
GOLF SWING TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
These tips are for the beginners who are newly in relationship with the golf clubs. Watch the video if you need a visual aid.
SUPER 7 TIPS
- The Dead Aim: You have to make a perfect aim and that means it’s not just your feet but the knees, shoulders and club face must be aimed and aligned properly. You must check your alignment every time you practice.
- Rock-Hard Stance: Your stance must be a solid one and at the same time very stable and balanced. Remember to build your golf swing from the ground up.
- Posture: Make your posture perfect by tilting at the hips instead of the waist.
- The Good Grip: Make sure you hold the club correctly. The best way to ensure a good grip on the club is to hold them once a while even when you are not playing.
- The Down Swing Trick: Make sure to start your down swing with your hips instead of the upper body.
- Range Sessions and Plenty of Lofts: Range sessions are important as you will learn about your ranging abilities and get enough opportunity to correct the faults before you hit the golf course. Using plenty of short and lofted clubs will ensure good posture and clean ball striking ability.
- Do not use the Driver: Make sure not to use the driver unless you have mastered the basics of the game and practised well with the other clubs.
HOW TO SWING A GOLF CLUB STEP BY STEP:
Unless your stance is totally wrong, you need not change it completely. Following the mentioned steps will help you to improve your swing and thus escalate to the pro level easily.
You have to start in proper balance so that your body can move freely. Make sure to push your hips back followed by angling your spine towards the ball and finally flexing the knees slightly. Remember that your right side must be slightly lower than the left and the ball must be in line with the left side of your face.
Make sure that the various parts of the swing must be in correct order. The order is: Club head, hands, arms, shoulders and hips. Make sure to keep your right arm close to your right side and do not ever force a straight-back takeaway.
It is your body weight that when continues to move to the right along with the momentum of the swing as well as the folding of the right elbow will hinge the club to a right angle with the left arm. It is during this phase when you will feel a loading action in your right hip.
When the wrists are fully hinged at halfway back you will turn your shoulders to complete the backswing. Towards the end of this motion, your right hip, ankle and left lat muscle will feel stretched and ready to hit the target.
Begin the downswing with a slight lateral shift and moving the left knee and hip over the left foot.
Step 6:When you are about to hit the ball, making sure that your head remains behind the ball and your left side straightens as your right side moves forward.
Are you still feeling that your golf swing is far from being perfect? Possibly it is because you are hitting just out of impulse and not caring the least about technique. It is important to know the right technique as it is important to practice. I would suggest being patient about the whole thing and practice one step at a time. Make sure to follow each step, one at a time and replicate them when you practice. Watch the video for more help.
The game of golf is about technique, power, concentration, aim, passion and many more factors. So to be a good golfer will you have to make so many things perfect? The answer is NO! Just be sure that you love the game and know the basics correctly, perfection will come to you in due time.
Last update on 2019-06-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API