Easton has finally released their all new Easton SL15S310 bat, and it is nothing less than a beauty. Easton is well-known for manufacturing top quality bats which deliver excellent performances with high-tech builds, and the SL15S310 is no different. This is an amazing alloy bat made with state of the art materials which give it supreme force and power. The build of the bat has also been meticulously designed for easy swinging. The large barrel size complements the bat's features well, and players can now smash home run after home run. The SL15S310 is expected to be a fearsome opposition at the plate for any and every pitcher.
The Easton SL15S310 is a senior league bat. It has USSSA certification and is also BPF 1.15 certified.
The SL15S310 has been given an upgrade from the rest of the Easton series this year, 2016 and is a full alloy bat. The bat has a one-piece construction which gives it a stronger core and stiffer make. The barrel diameter of the SL15S310 is a massive 2 5/8". This enlarged barrel size makes the bat a deadly force at the plate capable of pummeling balls for miles on end.
The Easton SL15S310 is made from the state of the art HYPERLITE MATRIX (HMX) alloy. This HMX alloy is Easton's new release for the year. The alloy is exceptionally light despite being extremely strong and gives the bat a lethal combination of a high bat speed and destructive force. It also enhances the durability of the bat greatly.
Another innovative Easton technology installed in the SL15S310 is the Z-core technology. This means that the bat has a carbon sleeve running along the entire length of the bat's inside, from the tip to the end. The Z-core gives the bat immense elasticity and creates almost a trampoline effect which shoots the ball off at impact. The bat has more power and hits travel way farther.
The SL15S310 has a -10 drop. The bat has been meticulously built to give it the best performance. The design of the bat is balanced with a uniform weight distribution which makes the bat easy to swing. The Easton FP15MK10 CXN MAKO ZERO is another balanced bat made for the fastpitch circuit boasting some fantastic and innovative Easton bat technology.
The SL15S310 also comes with the all new Performance Diamond Grip. The bat has an ultra-thin 29/32" handle which makes it easy to hold. The Diamond Grip adds further comfort and support to the player. The tacky feel of the grip ensures players can hold the bat for long periods without undue strain.
Feature Benefits of Easton SL15S310
- One-piece full alloy construction makes bat strong and stiff
- HMX alloy is ultra-light and very powerful and enlarges sweet spot
- Z-core interior technology creates trampoline effect for extra distance
- Uniform weight distribution for balanced swing
- Ultra-thin handle with Performance Diamond Grip for more comfort and support
Pros & Cons
- Stiff make, and a strong, durable body with a large barrel diameter
- Extremely strong composite and has fast swing speed so great for power-hitters
- Maximum elasticity for longer distances and Z-core prevents alloy from denting
- Comfortable to hold without much strain
- Swings are balanced and stable and low weight so good for smaller players
- Poor energy efficiency and lots of energy wasted in swing
- Power is not constant throughout alloy structure
- Shocks from impact greatly sting players
The SL15S310 doesn't need any breaking in, and the Z-core interior protects the alloy build. However, to preserve the durability of the bat use only soap and water, or professional bat cleaner to clean the bat.
1. Is this bat approved for use in Little Leagues?
2. Is this bat 2-piece or 1-piece?
A. It is a 2 piece bat but the handle and barrel are fused together by flame-tempering.
3. What is the barrel diameter of the bat?
A. It has a 2 ¼” barrel diameter
4. Does the bat come with a warranty?
A. Yes. It comes with a one-year warranty
The Easton SL15S310 is a fantastic senior league bat with some excellent high-tech features. The bat has a great design and its state of the art HMX alloy which makes it very light and strong. The only drawback to an otherwise great bat is the poor vibration control. Impact stings affect players to a great extent to the point where it becomes hard to swing freely.