Easton is a name that resonates with quality and reliability when it comes to good baseball bats, as the company is one of the finest manufacturers of baseball bats. The Easton S2 Youth Bat 2015 is another of the company’s great bats, with the state of the art technology and some of the latest advancements in baseball bat technology. The bat is ultra-lightweight but still packs quite the punch with a powerful sweet spot. It has a two-piece structure and being a part of Easton’s Power Brigade series, creates a ton of force at the plate. The 2015 Easton S2 Youth Bat is sure to give pitchers some frightful nightmares.
The Easton S2 Youth Bat 2015 is USSSA certified with 1.15 BPF Certification. It is a youth bat and is also suitable for play in leagues such as Babe Ruth, AABC, Dixie, Pony and Little Leagues.
The 2015 Easton S2 Youth Bat has an advanced two-piece hybrid design made of both alloy and composite materials. The bat also boasts the latest HYPERLITE Matrix Alloy which is used to construct the barrel of the bat. This aluminum alloy is feather light, with a nice sweet spot that helps the bat achieve great distance on its swings. The alloy also makes the bat very durable and strong.
The 2015 Easton S2 Youth Bat also comes with the modern and innovative SICATM Black Carbon handle. This SIC handle is one of the most recent advancements in baseball technology. The Black Carbon handle is excellent at eliminating vibrations from the impact. This gives the players a smooth grip without any sting. The SIC handle simultaneously makes for a comfortable and relaxing feel when holding the bat.
Another innovation installed in the 2015 Easton S2 Youth Bat is the Performance Diamond Grip. This grip is aesthetically and ergonomically designed to give players an easy grip of the bat. Players can, therefore, generate immense swing speed and blistering force. The Diamond grip also improves the control of the bat during swings, and allows for mid-swing adjustments to be made. The Diamond Grip coupled with the SIC brings down impact vibrations to zero.
The Easton S2 Youth Bat 2015 also has Easton’s patented CXNATM Connexion technology. The CXN Connexion connects the bat’s handle and barrel together to hold the hybrid design in place. This gives the S2 improved durability and strength and makes it stiff. The CXN also reduces impact shocks and enhances the bat’s energy efficiency, by transferring lost energy back into the barrel. This generates insane forces and balls cannon off the bat’s barrel. The Easton S500C is another youth bat that comes with the CXN ConneXion Technology and is great for trainees.
The 2015 Easton S2 Youth Bat is a part of Easton’s Power Brigade Series and has an extremely thin composite handle. The bat has been designed with a streamlined build for reduced resistance and faster swings. The bat’s alloy is light-weight making the bat light, with low M.O.I. in its swings. Thus, the bat can generate lightning-fast swing speeds and get plenty of pop.
Feature Benefits of Easton S2 Youth Bat 2015
- HYPERLITE Matrix Alloy makes bat lightweight, durable and strong
- SIC Black Carbon handle obliterates impact shocks and increases swing speed
- Performance Diamond Grip maximizes swing control and tacky feel increases comfort
- Patented CXN ConneXion technology optimizes energy use and improves bat efficiency
- Double-walled structure increases barrel flex and concentrates energy at sweet spot
- Low M.O.I. and streamlined design gives bat lightning-fast swing speeds
Pros & Cons
- Large, powerful swing spot and bat is extremely high-tech and professional
- Energy concentrated at point of contact and maximum energy efficiency
- Bat is strong, lightweight and durable
- Bat has streamlined design for minimal resistance and maximum swing speed
- Bat gets plenty of pop as energy is redirected into barrel
- Shocks from vibrations are totally eliminated
- Swing of bat is balanced for precision control
- Alloy structure is not as strong as those of competitors
- Bat needs to be broken in
- Vibrations useful for feedback are also eliminated
Unlike most alloy barrel bats, the 2015 Easton S2 Youth Bat does have a slight breaking in period. Put on a bat-sleeve on the bat and using orthodox leather bats, give the bat approximately 100 swings. Make sure to rotate the barrel one-fourth the way after every hit.
1. Does the bat have a warranty?
A. Yes. The bat has a one-year warranty
2. Is the bat composite or alloy?
A. The bat is a hybrid with an alloy barrel and composite handle
3. Does the bat need to be broken in?
A. Yes. The bat needs to be broken in
4. Is the bat Little League certified?
A. Yes. The bat is 1.15 BPF certified with also AABC, USSSA, Babe Ruth, Dixie and Pony certifications
The Easton S2 Youth Bat 2015 is an exceptional youth bat, loaded with some latest advancements and cutting edge technology in bat manufacturing. It has a large sweet spot where the energy of the swing is concentrated to give plenty of pop. Its streamlined, durable design with comfortable gripping allows players to get insane acceleration and lightning-fast swing speed. This is undoubtedly one of the best professional youth bats in the game.